Paris, March 6, 2018 – With so many events scheduled for the 29th edition of MIPIM, we thought it would be useful to indicate some of the highlights that you wouldn’t want to miss.
Industry shaking events
The global real estate industry is undergoing radical change and MIPIM is providing an international platform for the debate, for issues to be aired and for progress to be made.
13/03 at 14h00 – Opening ceremony. Urbanity: New rules for new cities with Adora Svitak, writer, speaker and advocate of the cause of young people
13/03 at 14h30 – Thinkers and Leaders: Writing new urban rules
Moderated by Adora Svitak
With James Alexander, Director, City Finance Programme C40 Cities Climate Leader Group; Amanda Clark, Executive Director, CBRE; Chris Marlin, President, Lennar International, Jean-Louis Missika, Adjoint à la Maire de Paris and Debra Mountford, Project Manager, OECD
13/03 at 16h30 – Women’s networking cocktail: New ways of leadership
15/03 at 15h15 – Future of work: The benefits of inclusion
15/03 at 16h00 – The Knowledge Economy on the UK Department for International Trade stand (C16.E)
Proptech & Innovation
13/03 at 11h30 (Press club, Palais 0) – Press meeting with Brickblock, a German startup who will soon be selling the world’s first tokenized real estate asset
14/03 at 10h00 (Press club, Palais 0) – Press meeting with Ronan Vaspart, Director of MIPIM, and Filippo Rean, Director of the Real Estate Division at Reed MIDEM, to discuss MIPIM events and learn all about the new MIPIM PropTech Europe.
14/03 at 12h00 (Salon Croisette, Palais 3) – Press meeting with Ehud Barak, former Prime Minister of Israel and Co-founder of Reporty. This press meeting will take place at the end of the conference Smart and Safe City: The citizen at the heart of public action: challenges and dynamics
- 13/03 at 14h00 – Self-driving cars: Bringing a new face to our cities
- 13/03 at 15h15 – Smart housing: What millennials expect
- 14/03 at 14h00 – Smart cities: An example for smart countries
- 14/03 at 16h00 – Startup Competition
- 15/03 at 10h00 – Data: The new RE business driver (with Ehud Barak)
Sustainability & Architecture
Sustainability at MIPIM is covering all aspects of urbanity, from mobility to town/city planning, to technology and architecture/design. Numerous initiatives in this field will be discussed and showcased at MIPIM, which is becoming a platform for sustainability discussions within the industry.
- 13/03 at 16h30 – A passive and positive approach to energy: How will we live in 2030 or 2050?
- 13/03 at 17h35 – New technologies and materials: How to go clean and energy efficient
- 14/03 at 11h15 – C40 cities: Reinventing cities
including Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris ; Giuseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan and Raymond Johansen, Mayor of Oslo
- 14/03 at 15h15 – Urban mobility: Infrastructure on the move
- 15/03 at 11h00 – Pechakucha Future urbanity
- 15/03 at 15h15 – Circular economy: The long-term benefits
Investment & Finance
Major investors attending MIPIM 2018 will include some of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, public and private pension funds and insurance companies. Check out the list of the top-100 investors and financial institutions attending MIPIM 2018.
- 13/03 at 14h00 – Brexit: A new face for Europe
- 13/03 at 16h30 – World economy: Creating a new ecosystem
- 13/03 at 16h (Ruby room, Palais 5) – Egypt: Mega Projects and the future
Including Dr. Mostafa Madbouly, Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Egypt
- 13/03 at 17h45 – Local markets: Specificities to understand
- 14/03 at 8:00 – Developing and investing in the United States: Where, what and how?
- 14/03 at 17h45 – City financing: Innovation and investment trends
- 15/03 at 16h30 – International rules: The impact on local markets
About Reed MIDEM:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UK in London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong, MIPIM PropTech Summit in New York and MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris for the real estate industry; MAPIC in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy in Milan, MAPIC China Summit in Shanghai and IRF brought by MAPIC in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2017 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com