Organised by Reed MIDEM, a Reed Exhibitions subsidiary, MIPIM, the world’s leading property market, will be held in Cannes from 12 to 15 March, 2019.
The Young Leaders Summit will focus on two areas. Firstly on the results and analysis of a survey conducted by the make.org institute – “a general interest accelerator” – on tomorrow’s cities, followed by a presentation of a study carried out in partnership with the Fondation Palladio on the talents, profiles and skills needed to drive growth in the property industry.
The Make.org survey covers more than 20,000 French and international participants, men and women aged 16 to 34, including the MIPIM community. The key topics were mobility, ecology, urban agriculture, energy, and quality of life. The results of this survey will be released on 13 March and will help launch a lively and engaging intergenerational debate. Here is a preview of the themes chosen by the younger generation:
- Promoting ecology on a daily basis and respecting the environment
- Increasing mobility
- Reinventing city-centre shopping
- Making buildings more eco-friendly
Dateline 13 March to explore all the results and participate in developing the charter for the “city of tomorrow.”
- 10 am: Convergence or divergence in tomorrow’s cities? Emerging trends and priorities for young and old. Active link to learn more about the speakers
- 11 am: Which talents, profiles and skills are needed to help grow the property industry? What are the job and business opportunities? How can we develop the relevant property business skills? Active link to learn more about the speakers
- Starting 4.30 pm: the “Young Leaders” working group on “design thinking” will present the results of its brainstorming session and then draw up the charter for tomorrow’s cities. This working session will be followed by a networking reception.
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UK in London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong, MIPIM PropTech Summit in New York, MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris for the tech and real estate industry; MAPIC in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and MAPIC Food in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2017 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com